Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (poetry) Of, or relating to a type of poetry (such as a sonnet or ode) that expresses subjective thoughts and feelings, often in a songlike style
- Of, or relating to a writer of such poetry
- Having a light singing voice of modest range
- Of, or relating to musical drama and opera
- Of, or relating to the lyre (or sometimes the harp)
lyric (plural lyrics)
- A lyric poem.
- (also in plural) The words of a song or other vocal music. The singular form often refers to a part of the words, whereas the plural form can refer to all of the words.
- The lyric in line 3 doesn't rhyme.
- The lyrics were written by the composer.
words of a song — see lyrics