Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: marquée
marquee (plural marquees)
- (Britain, New Zealand) A large tent with open sides, used for outdoors entertainment.
- (US) A projecting canopy over an entrance, especially one with a sign that displays the name of the establishment or other information of it.
- (US) By generalization, used for lights that turn on and off in sequence, or scrolling text, as these are common elements on a marquee.
- (Internet) A banner on a web page displaying text that scrolls horizontally.
- (computing) In graphical editing software, a special selection tool, used to highlight a portion of an image.
- Rectangular Marquee Tool