Jump to navigation Jump to search
mating (not comparable)
mating (plural matings)
- (zoology) Pairing of organisms for copulation.
- 1981, Henry Foster, The Mouse in Biomedical Research, page 96:
- The progeny of backcrosses and intercrosses will form some incrosses and some matings of other types.
- (zoology) Sexual union; copulation.
- 2013 May-June, William E. Conner, “An Acoustic Arms Race”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 206-7:
- Earless ghost swift moths become “invisible” to echolocating bats by forming mating clusters close (less than half a meter) above vegetation and effectively blending into the clutter of echoes that the bat receives from the leaves and stems around them.
pairing of organisms for copulation