Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (music, uncountable) A type of music common in the Caribbean, originally associated with the Dominican Republic.
2007, January 7, “Alex Mindlin”, in For a Shuttered Marina, Some Regret, Some Relief:
- The marina was a mainstay of the neighborhood, and Mr. O’Rourke was known for staging salsa and merengue concerts.
- A song performed in this style.
- A dance to this style of music.
merengue m (plural merengues)
- (music) merengue
merengue m (uncountable)
- A type of music common in the Caribbean
- (soccer, attributive) A person connected with Real Madrid, as a player, fan, coach etc.