- (transitive, intransitive) To hear wrongly.
- I misheard when she asked for mints, and gave her mince instead.
- To misunderstand. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
to hear wrongly
to understand wrongly
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- mishear in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- mishear in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913