- The action of mocking; ridicule, derision.
- Something so lacking in necessary qualities as to inspire ridicule; a laughing-stock.
- (obsolete) Something insultingly imitative; an offensively futile action, gesture etc.
- Mimicry, imitation, now usually in a derogatory sense; a travesty, a ridiculous simulacrum.
- The defendant wasn't allowed to speak at his own trial - it was a mockery of justice.
- We often use make a mockery of someone or something, meaning to mock them. See also Appendix:Collocations of do, have, make, and take
- See also Wikisaurus:ridicule
action of mocking; ridicule, derision