Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
monotonic (not comparable)
- of or using the Greek system of diacritics which discards the breathings and employs a single accent to indicate stress.
- (mathematics) said of a function that either never decreases or never increases as its independent variable increases.
- Uttered in a monotone; monotonous.
- (using Greek system of diacritics): polytonic
- monotonic decreasing
- monotonic increasing
- monotonic function
of or using the Greek system of diacritics which discards the breathings and employs a single accent to indicate stress
mathematics: never decreasing or increasing as its independent variable increases
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked