- Present participle of mouse.
mousing (plural mousings)
- The act of hunting mice (or similar prey), especially by pouncing on them from above.
- (nautical) A turn or lashing of spun yarn or small stuff, or a metallic clasp or fastening, uniting the point and shank of a hook to prevent its unhooking or straightening out.
- A ratchet movement in a loom.
- Impertinently inquisitive; prying; meddlesome.
- Mousing saints.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.