Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
namluvit pf (imperfective namlouvat)
- to delude somebody (by talking)
- Namluvili jí, že její manžel padl v boji. - They made her believe that her husband had died in action.
- (reflexive, used with si) to delude oneself
- Namluvil si, že má rakovinu. - He deluded himself into believing that he had contracted cancer.
- (reflexive, used with si) to find, get, win (a boyfriend or girlfriend)
- Už mu bylo devatenáct,když se mu poprvé podařilo namluvit si děvče. - He was already nineteen when he for the first time succeeded in winning a girlfriend.
- to record (by speaking - on a tape, vinyl etc)
- Pohádky namluvili přední brněnští herci. - The fairytales are told by eminent actors from the town of Brno.
- to dub (a film)
- Kdo namluvil Johna Cleese? - Who dubbed the voice of John Cleese?