Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Nonstandard spelling of .
- Noone is formed in parallel to the formation of nobody, anyone, and everyone, but it is not preferred by most because of the doubled vowel creating a temptation to read and pronounce it as "noon" (/nuːn/). For this reason, the form no one is the most common. This has also led to the use of the form noöne, which is even much more rare than noone.
- American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
- UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1.
noone (plural noones)
- Obsolete form of .
- Oumar Bah, Dictionnaire Pular-Français, Avec un index français-pular, Webonary.org, SIL International, 2014.