Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɛndə(ɹ)
offender (plural offenders)
- One who gives or causes offense, or does something wrong.
- 1961 March, Warren Smith, “The problems of train regulation - a study of operation at Trent”, in Trains Illustrated, page 169:
- Almost all down trains are late, however; the empty wagon trains are probably the worst offenders and one or two hours' late running by them is not unusual.
- A person who commits an offense against the law, a lawbreaker.
- See also Thesaurus:criminal
one who gives or causes offense
a person who commits an offense against the law