Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A small local restaurant in Italy.
- 2015 August 13, Robert Draper, “In Italy, Hiking and Haute Cuisine in the Dolomites”, in New York Times:
- And though the standard fare at the mountain osterias known as rifugios largely remains slabs of speck and strong local cheese, there are exceptions — most notably Col Alt, a rifugio above Corvara accessible only by ski lift, where meat dishes take the form of succulent venison or rabbit, and bottles of aged Barolo offer a noble complement to the soaring mountain vistas.
- Partitive singular form of osteri.
osteria f (plural osterie)
- (euphemistic) Expletive, often used to replace the mildly blasphemous expletive ostia (“Host, Communion wafer”); blimey!