out of order
Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: out-of-order
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Out of normal sequence.
- Antonym: in order
- You've got my index cards out of order again.
- (idiomatic) Not functioning properly.
- (idiomatic) Inappropriate or unsuitable.
- Synonym: out of line
- I suppose my remarks about his wife were out of order.
- Not in order: not according with with the procedural rules governing formal meetings of a deliberative body.
out of normal sequence
not functioning properly
inappropriate or unsuitable