Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪ
- A laying out or expending; that which is laid out or expended.
- The spending of money, or an expenditure.
- Without too much outlay you could buy a dictionary.
- (archaic) A remote haunt or habitation.
- I know her and her haunts, Her lays, leaps, and outlays, and will discover all. ― Francis Beaumont.
the spending of money, or an expenditure
- (transitive) To lay or spread out; expose; display.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Drayton to this entry?)
- (transitive) To spend, or distribute money.
to spend, or distribute money