Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (noun): enPR: outʹrēch, IPA(key): /ˈaʊtɹiːtʃ/
- (verb): enPR: out-rēchʹ, IPA(key): /aʊtˈɹiːtʃ/
- Rhymes: -iːtʃ
outreach (plural outreaches)
- The act or practice of visiting and providing the services (of a charity, church, or other organization) to people who might not otherwise have access to those services.
- The extent or length of something.
act of reaching out to another
extent or length
practice of visiting and providing services of an organisation to people
- To reach further than; to surpass or exceed; to go too far.
- To provide charitable or religious services to people who would otherwise not have access to those services.
- (reach further than):
- (exceed): See exceed
- (reach out): extend, outstretch, reach out, stretch, stretch out
- (go too far): go overboard, overdo it, overstretch oneself
surpass, exceed See exceed