Jump to navigation Jump to search
- overdraught (UK)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈəʊvədɹɑːft/
- (US) enPR: ō'vərdrăft, IPA(key): /ˈoʊvɚdɹæft/
- Homophone: overdraught
- (uncountable) The act of overdrawing a bank account.
- (countable) The amount overdrawn.
- I have an overdraft of £1234.
- (countable) The maximum amount that may be overdrawn.
- The bank have given me an overdraft of $2000.
- The extraction of groundwater from an aquifer beyond the safe yield or equilibrium yield.
- A series of flues in a furnace; the current of air forced through them.
act of overdrawing a bank account
maximum amount that may be overdrawn
series of flues in a furnace