Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Britain) To cover something with paving slabs.
- (Canada, US) To cover with stone, concrete, blacktop or other solid covering, especially to aid travel.
- (transitive, figuratively) To pave the way for; to make easy and smooth.
- 2011, Rice Baker-Yeboah, The Animal Pathways 1-2, page 110:
- After two weeks Miguel began to circulate freely about the city in his truck, albeit with the long, chrome-plated pistol cocked and ready on his lap. It wouldn't be for three more years that Gonzo would tell Miguel about the secret leverage that paved his path to freedom.
(British) to cover with paving stones
(North American) to cover with stones, asphalt, etc
Declension of pave
- inflection of :