Jump to navigation Jump to search
pedicel (plural pedicels)
- (botany) A stalk of individual flower; a stalk bearing a single flower or spore-producing body within a cluster.
- (anatomy) A stalk-shaped body part; an anatomical part that resembles a stem or stalk.
- (zoology) A narrow stalk-like body part in insects and other arthropods, used in various specific senses.
- 1996: Spiders have the body clearly divided into two pieces which are joined by a narrow stalk, the pedicel. — Michael J. Roberts, Spiders of Britain and Northern Europe (Collins 1996, p. 10)
- (mycology) a slender stalk
stalk of an individual flower
stalk-like body part