Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pəˈsɛntɪd͡ʒ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /pɚˈsɛntɪd͡ʒ/
- Hyphenation: per‧cent‧age
Audio (US) (file)
percentage (plural percentages)
- The amount, number or rate of something, regarded as part of a total of 100; a part of a whole.
- A high percentage of secondary school leavers take a gap year.
- A share of the sales, profits, gross margin or similar.
- She gets a percentage for every vacuum cleaner sold.
- (informal) Benefit or advantage.
- There was no percentage in staying at home.
- A percentage is often denoted by the character (%).
- Ex. 50% denotes 50 per cent.
Terms derived from percentage
part of a whole