Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
percentage (plural percentages)
- The amount, number or rate of something, regarded as part of a total of 100; a part of a whole.
- A high percentage of secondary school leavers take a gap year.
- A share of the profits.
- She gets a percentage for every vacuum cleaner sold.
- (informal) Benefit or advantage.
- There was no percentage in staying at home.
- A percentage is often denoted by the character (%).
- Ex. 50% denotes 50 per cent.
part of a whole