Jump to navigation Jump to search
playground (plural playgrounds)
- (outdoors) A large open space for children to play on, usually having dedicated play equipment (such as swings and slides). [1780]
- The kids have to go to the playground during recess, no matter the weather.
- (figuratively) Any physical or metaphysical space in which a person or organization has free rein to do as they please.
- The exclusive tropical island was a millionaire's playground.
large open space to play on, usually for children
open-air space on a school campus where the children can play
small area for children
space to do what one pleases
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
playground m (plural playgrounds)