Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (outdoors) A large open space to play on, usually for children.
- A yard or other open-air space on a school campus where the children can play, especially during breaks
- (urban) Small area with dedicated play equipment, usually for children
- The city park playgrounds offer various slides, tubes and swings.
- (figuratively) Any physical or metaphysical space in which a person or organization has free rein to do as they please.
- The exclusive tropical island was a millionaire's playground.
large open space to play on, usually for children
open-air space on a school campus where the children can play
small area for children
space to do what one pleases
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
playground m (plural playgrounds)