- (transitive) To cleanse, as open drains which are entered by the tide, by stirring up the sediment when the tide ebbs.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for plonge in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)
plonge f (plural plonges)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of