See also: pneumàtic
- pneumatick (obsolete)
- Of, relating to, or resembling air or other gases
- Of or relating to pneumatics
- Powered by, or filled with compressed air
- a pneumatic instrument or engine
- (zoology) Having cavities filled with air
- pneumatic cells or bones
- Spiritual; of or relating to the pneuma
- (of a woman) well-rounded; full-breasted; bouncy (especially during sex)
- "Every one says I'm awfully pneumatic," said Lenina reflectively, patting her own legs. - Aldous Huxley - Brave New World (chapter 6)
of or relating to air or other gases
of or relating to pneumatics
powered by, or filled with compressed air
zoology: having cavities filled with air
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
pneumatic (plural pneumatics)
- (dated) A vehicle, such as a bicycle, whose wheels are fitted with pneumatic tyres.
- (Gnosticism) In the gnostic theologian Valentinus' triadic grouping of man, the highest type; a person focused on spiritual reality (the other two being hylic and psychic).