Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpoʊ.t͡ʃɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpəʊ.tʃə/
Audio (US) (file)
poacher (plural poachers)
- A person who trespasses in order to take game illegally, one who poaches; a person who illegally takes animals or plants from the wild.
- A vessel with shallow cuplike compartments in which eggs are cooked over boiling water
- (soccer) An attacker with good movement inside the penalty box, see Wikipedia:Goal poacher.
- 2011 January 16, Saj Chowdhury, “Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle”, in BBC:
- Regular supplier Barton played in another teasing corner, which was headed on towards goal by the impressive Ameobi and flicked in by expert poacher Nolan.
- Any of type of fish in the family Agonidae, also known as alligatorfish, starsnout, hooknose and rockhead.
- (US, dialect) An American wigeon (Anas americana).
a person who trespasses in order to take game illegally