Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (countable) Preparation.
- Abbreviation of preposition.
- (informal, countable) preparatory school
- (informal, countable) A student or graduate of a prep school, a preppy. [from late 19th c.]
- (Britain, uncountable) Homework, work set to do outside class time, used widely in public schools and preparatory schools but not state schools.
- (Philippines) preparatory level; the last two levels or the fourth and fifth years of preschool; the two levels before first grade.
preparation — see preparation
abbreviation of preposition
preparatory school — see prep school
student or graduate of a prep school — see preppy
homework — see homework
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
informal: to prepare
- Irish: preab