Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
presidency (plural presidencies)
- The office or role of president.
- After many years as a party leader, she finally ascended to the presidency.
2012 November 7, Matt Bai, “Winning a Second Term, Obama Will Confront Familiar Headwinds”, in New York Times:
- The Clintons, who once seemed banished to the wilds of Westchester County, are once again the most powerful family in Democratic politics, with talk of another Clinton presidency already rife in Washington.
- The bureaucratic organization and governmental initiatives devolving directly from the president.
- Because of the president's lame duck status, the presidency was often hampered by congressional actions.
- The time during which one is president; a president's term of office.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Ernest was a historian specializing in the presidency of Herbert Hoover.
office or role of president
bureaucratic organization and governmental initiatives
time during which one is president
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.