put pen to paper
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive) To write something (especially using pen and ink).
- (intransitive) To begin to write something.
to begin to write
- “put set pen to paper” in the Cambridge English Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- “put set pen to paper” in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Longman.
- “put pen to paper” in Merriam–Webster Online Dictionary.
- “put pen to paper”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- “put pen to paper” in the Collins English Dictionary
- “put pen to paper” (US) / “put pen to paper” (UK) in Macmillan English Dictionary.