Jump to navigation Jump to search
redneck (plural rednecks)
- (slang, derogatory) A poor, rural, especially white, person from the Southern United States; especially, one who is regarded as unsophisticated, rude, racist, arrogant, lowbrow, etc.
- (historical, slang, US) Any of the miners who wore red bandanas for identification during the West Virginia mine war of 1921.
- (historical, slang, US) A member of a certain Baltimore street gang, active in 1859.
- (Britain, archaic, 19th and 20th centuries) A Roman Catholic.
uneducated, unsophisticated person
- ^ “West Virginia Division of Culture and History”, in (Please provide the title of the work), accessed 30 March 2008, archived from the original on 4 June 2013
- ^ The New York Times (New York, New York), 3 Nov 1859, Thu • Page 4
- ^ The Raleigh Register, (Raleigh, North Carolina),19 Mar 1841, Fri • Page 2