Jump to navigation Jump to search
retainer (plural retainers)
- Any thing or person that retains.
- A dependent or follower of someone of rank.
- A paid servant, especially one who has been employed for many years.
- A fee one pays to reserve the other's time for services.
- This lawyer charges a retainer for his work.
- (dentistry) A device that holds teeth in position after orthodontic treatment.
- 1981, “Too Drunk to Fuck”, performed by Dead Kennedys:
- You give me head / It makes it worse / Take out your fuckin' retainer / Put it in your purse
- (rail transport, mechanical engineering) A retaining valve.
dependent or follower