Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An exclamation used to get people's attention to sell something.
- Roll up, roll up, pies for sale.
- (transitive) To make something into a particular shape, especially cylindrical or fold-like.
- The shopkeeper had to roll up the poster to make it easier to carry.
- I am going to roll up this weed into a joint.
- He rolled up his shirt sleeves.
- (transitive) To close (a car window).
- (transitive) To make into a bundle.
- (role-playing games, intransitive) To roll the dice necessary to create a character for a game, especially a role-playing game.
- (intransitive) To arrive by vehicle, usually by car.
- We thought Jim would be late for the wedding, but then we saw him roll up in front of the the church in his Mercedes.
to make something into a cylindrical or fold-like shape
to make into a bundle
- (Britain, informal) A self-made cigarette from tobacco and rolling paper. (Sometimes spelt as roll-up.)
- I smoke roll ups rather than cigs, because they are cheaper.