Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 English
- 2 Finnish
- 3 Icelandic
- 4 Norwegian Nynorsk
- 5 Tok Pisin
- 6 Turkish
saman (plural samans)
- (Singapore, colloquial, informal) A fine; a monetary penalty imposed for breaking the law.
- 2007 December 17, Jonnykato, “ERP Question”, in singaporebikes.com:
- I pass thru this gantry at ecp without cashcard. why do i kena saman till $70?
- 2011 July 12, Fredd, “I am a parking warden”, in singaporebikes.com:
- Technically parking outside the lot is illegal parking, doesn't matter if you put a coupon. The patrolling wardens can't saman you but parking in washing bay and bike lots are very easy targets for residents to complain about. Because of that no escape from getting saman after a quick call to the hotline.
- 2013 November 9, Mark, “Not just ‘saman’ kings: Kind parking warden helps old woman alight from taxi”, in stomp.sg:
- Not just 'saman' kings: Kind parking warden helps old woman alight from taxi.
- 2015 May 14, Presskit, “Kena saman nparks help please”, in forum.hardwarezone.com.sg:
- I did not know that a permit was needed to set a tent. So this nparks people came and check and issued me a saman of $300!
- 2015 August 7, Dylan Tan, “SG Quirky: The A-Z of SG50”, in Business Times (Singapore):
- “When the parking warden comes around, they shout: “Saman! Saman!” and drivers rush to their cars.”
- 2015 September 10, Nina Syahirah, “STGCC Celebrates SG50 with Custom Munnies”, in safra.sg:
- When SG50 Saman Rider is on duty, no law breaker will get away!
- (indefinite) Genitive singular form of sama.
- sammen (Bokmål)
- “saman” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.