Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -iːdi
- disreputable, run-down, sleazy.
- The healing power of alcohol only works on scrapes and nicks; and not on girls in seedy bars who drown themselves in it. (from "Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" by Bayside)
- Full of seeds.
- Pomegranates are as seedy as any fruit you are likely to see.
- untidy; unkempt
- infirm; unwell; gone to seed.
- With her aching back and pronounced limp, she was feeling particularly seedy today.
- suffering the effects of a hangover
- After last night's party we were all feeling pretty seedy.
- Having the flavour of seeds.
- (colloquial) Having a peculiar flavour supposed to be derived from the weeds growing among the vines; said of certain kinds of French brandy.
suffering effects of hangover