Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: sĕt'ŭp'
setup (plural setups)
- Equipment designed for a particular purpose; an apparatus.
- The laboratory included an elaborate setup for measuring the energy.
- The fashion in which something is organized or arranged.
- The classroom setup was simple and efficient.
- An act to frame someone; an effort or arrangement aimed at placing the blame on somebody.
- Trust me, that was a setup!
- (computing) An installer.
- After inserting the disk, run the setup.
- (operations) The process of arranging resources for performing a specific operation, as a run of a particular product.
- A simple setup on the bottling line involves reloading bottles and labels; emptying, cleaning, and reloading the tanks; and a test run.
- (equipment): apparatus
- (the fashion in which something is organized or arranged): configuration, layout
The fashion in which something is organized or arranged
An act to frame someone; an effort or arrangement aimed at placing the blame on somebody
- set up, the adjective and verb
- Misspelling of set up.