Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈʃɒp.ə/
- (General Australian) IPA(key): /ˈʃɔp.ə/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈʃɑ.pɚ/
- (Pakistani English) IPA(key): /ˈʃɑː.pəɾ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒpə(ɹ)
shopper (plural shoppers)
- A person who shops.
- 2013 July 26, Nick Miroff, “Mexico gets a taste for eating insects […] ”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 7, page 32:
- The San Juan market is Mexico City's most famous deli of exotic meats, where an adventurous shopper can hunt down hard-to-find critters such as ostrich, wild boar and crocodile.
- A free local newspaper containing advertisements for local shops etc; sometimes includes discount coupons.
- A kind of bicycle suited to riding short distances.
- (Pakistan) A plastic shopping bag.
- → Urdu: شاپر (śāpar)
a person who shops