Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
shortwave (not comparable)
- (of radio waves) Having a wavelength of approximately 10 to 100 meters
- (of radio equipment) Capable of transmitting or receiving signals at such a wavelength.
of radio waves
of radio equipment
shortwave (plural shortwaves)
- An electromagnetic wave having a wavelength between approximately 10 and 100 meters, corresponding to frequencies between 3 and 30 MHz.
- Shortwaves are longer than microwaves.
- (colloquial, usually in the plural) Any frequency in this range, especially when used in broadcasting.
- Many stations broadcast on shortwaves.
- (meteorology) This term needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text