Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
microwave (plural microwaves)
- An electromagnetic wave with wavelength between that of infrared light and radio waves.
- A microwave oven.
microwave oven — see microwave oven
- longwave, mediumwave, shortwave, radio wave
- radio frequency, UHF, SHF
- radio band, K band, Ka band, Ku band, X band
- (transitive) To cook (something) in a microwave oven.
2011 December 14, Steven Morris, “Devon woman jailed for 168 days for killing kitten in microwave”, Guardian:
- A vengeful mother-of-three has been jailed for 168 days after being convicted of killing a neighbour's kitten by microwaving the 10-week-old pet.
- (cook in a microwave oven): nuke (colloquial)
cook in a microwave oven