Jump to navigation Jump to search
microwave (plural microwaves)
- An electromagnetic wave with wavelength between that of infrared light and radio waves.
- A microwave oven.
microwave oven — see microwave oven
- (transitive) To cook (something) in a microwave oven.
- 2011 December 14, Steven Morris, “Devon woman jailed for 168 days for killing kitten in microwave”, in Guardian:
- A vengeful mother-of-three has been jailed for 168 days after being convicted of killing a neighbour's kitten by microwaving the 10-week-old pet.
- (cook in a microwave oven): nuke (colloquial)
cook in a microwave oven