Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
- The first draft included a sketchy design.
- Resembling a comedy sketch, of sketch quality.
- (Canada, US, slang) Of questionable or doubtful quality.
- The sketchy repair job did not look like it would hold.
- (Canada, US, slang, of a person) Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings.
- Because he is so sketchy, I always think that he is up to something.
- (Canada, US, slang, of a person) Disturbing or unnerving, often in such a way that others may suspect them of intending physical or sexual harm or harassment.
- Jack is so sketchy. I think he's stalking me.
▼ English terms derived from the PIE root *seǵʰ- (0 c, 36 e)
Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement
Of questionable or doubtful quality
Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings