Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
snippet (plural snippets)
- A small part of something, such as a song or program.
- From the snippet I heard of their rehearsal, they sound pretty good.
- (computing) a textfile containing a relatively small amount of code, useless by itself, along with instructions for inserting that code into a larger codebase
- (small part): excerpt
a tiny piece or part
a textfile containing a relatively small amount of code
- To produce a snippet (small part), to excerpt.
- To make small cuts, to snip, particularly with scissors.
Particularly used in computing, for excerpts of search or query results.
Doubled ‘tt’ is incorrect per standard spelling rules, but reasonably common.
- (tiny part): excerpt