Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
staging (plural stagings)
- (theater) A performance of a play
1988 April 15, S.L. Wisenberg, “On Stage: cartoon characters in a drama of death”, in Chicago Reader:
- The 1984 premiere production (and, judging from a few reviews, the subsequent stagings) was much more solemn.
- A structure of posts and boards for supporting workmen, etc., as in building.
- The business of running stagecoaches.
- The act of journeying in stagecoaches.
theater: performance of a play