Jump to navigation Jump to search
English facility + -ate, from French faciliter, from Latin facilis.
facilitate (third-person singular simple present facilitates, present participle facilitating, simple past and past participle facilitated)
- To make easy or easier.
- 1960 February, “The first of London's new Piccadilly Line trains is delivered”, in Trains Illustrated, page 94:
- Features such as trackless doors, mercury-type door interlocks, roof-mounted door fault indicator lights, rubber window glazing, improved retractable shoegear and a modified electro-pneumatic brake system designed to facilitate maintenance and improve reliability, which have proved their worth on the prototype trains, are continued in the new stock.
- 2022 November 30, Paul Bigland, “Destination Oban: a Sunday in Scotland”, in RAIL, number 971, page 75:
- The flatness of the landscape facilitates views right across the Firth of Forth to Fife, before the railway begins to pierce the Edinburgh suburbs.
- To help bring about.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling:
- But while she was pursuing this thought the good genius of Sophia, or that which presided over the integrity of Mrs Honour, or perhaps mere chance, sent an accident in her way, which at once preserved her fidelity, and even facilitated the intended business.
- To preside over (a meeting, a seminar).
- (to make easy or easier): ease
to make easy or easier
to help bring about
to preside over (a meeting, a seminar)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- inflection of facilitare:
facilitate f pl
From Latin facilitas through French facilité. Equivalent to facil + -itate.
facilitate f (plural facilități)
Declension of facilitate
|indefinite articulation||definite articulation||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
|nominative/accusative||(o) facilitate||facilitatea||(niște) facilități||facilitățile|
|genitive/dative||(unei) facilități||facilității||(unor) facilități||facilităților|
- second-person singular voseo imperative of facilitar combined with te
- English terms suffixed with -ate
- English terms derived from French
- English terms derived from Latin
- English 4-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English verbs
- English terms with quotations
- Italian non-lemma forms
- Italian verb forms
- Italian past participle forms
- Latin non-lemma forms
- Latin noun forms
- Romanian terms derived from Latin
- Romanian terms derived from French
- Romanian terms suffixed with -itate
- Romanian terms with IPA pronunciation
- Romanian lemmas
- Romanian nouns
- Romanian countable nouns
- Romanian feminine nouns
- Spanish non-lemma forms
- Spanish verb forms