Jump to navigation Jump to search
- præside (archaic)
- Rhymes: -aɪd
- (intransitive) To act as president or chairperson.
- (intransitive) To exercise authority or control, oversit.
- (intransitive, music) To be a featured solo performer.
to act as a president or chairperson
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Hindi: पीठासीन (pīṭhāsīn)
preside m or f (plural presidi)
- third-person singular (ele and ela, also used with você and others) present indicative of presidir
- second-person singular (tu, sometimes used with você) affirmative imperative of presidir