Jump to navigation Jump to search
facility (plural facilities)
- The fact of being easy, or easily done; absence of difficulty, simplicity. [from 16th c.]
- Dexterity of speech or action; skill, talent. [from 16th c.]
- The facility she shows in playing the violin is unrivalled.
- The physical means or contrivances to make something (especially a public service) possible; the required equipment, infrastructure, location etc. [from 19th c.]
- Transport facilities in Bangkok are not sufficient to prevent frequent traffic collapses during rush hour.
- An institution specially designed for a specific purpose, such as incarceration, military use, or scientific experimentation.
- (Canada, US, in the plural) A toilet. [from 20th c.]
fact of being easy
physical means of doing something