Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) To persist; to continue (to use, do, etc.)
- I have seen all the fancy electric toothbrushes, but I'm going to stick to the old-fashioned kind.
- If you stick to your studies, you will continue to improve.
- 2007, Amanda Lamb, Smotherhood: Wickedly Funny Confessions from the Early Years:
- What I get from work makes me a better mother, and what I get from being a mother makes me a better journalist. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see stick, to.