Jump to navigation Jump to search
stooshie (plural stooshies)
- (Scotland) the disruption caused by a disagreement or misunderstanding
- 1978, Institute of Bankers in Scotland, Scottish Bankers magazine:
- The Traveller going through Customs goes alone, wondering what is causing the stooshie up front and nervously letting someone go before him […]
- 2003, Christopher Brookmyre, One Fine Day in the Middle of the Night:
- First of all, there’d been that horrible stooshie over the wifie in Ballygrant with MS who was growing her own cannabis in her greenhouse.
- 2006, Jamie Stuart, Proverbs in the patter:
- Ill-will can mak a stooshie, but love can settle a stramash.