Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) enPR: stŏpʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈstɑpɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: stŏpʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈstɒpɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: stop‧ping
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒpɪŋ
Terms derived from stopping (present participle)
stopping (plural stoppings)
- The act of something that stops; a halt.
- constant startings and stoppings
- Material for filling a cavity.
- (mining) A partition or door to direct or prevent a current of air.
- A pad or poultice of dung or other material applied to a horse's hoof to keep it moist.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Youatt to this entry?)