Jump to navigation Jump to search
storehouse (plural storehouses)
- A building for keeping goods of any kind, especially provisions
- (figuratively, by extension) A single location or resource where a large quantity of something can be found.
- This old book is a genuine storehouse of useful cooking tips.
- (obsolete) A mass or quantity laid up.
- 1591, Ed[mund] Sp[enser], Complaints. Containing Sundrie Small Poemes of the Worlds Vanitie. […], London: Imprinted for VVilliam Ponsonbie, […], OCLC 15537294:
- enrich the storehouse of his powerfull wit
building for keeping goods of any kind
- (transitive) To lay up in store.
- the mental storehousing of information