straggler (plural stragglers)
- A person who straggles, or departs from the direct or proper course, or from the company to which they belong.
- One who falls behind the rest, for example in a race.
- One who roams without any settled direction.
- A roving vagabond.
- Something that shoots, or spreads out, beyond the rest, or too far; an exuberant growth.
- Something that stands alone or by itself.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.