tactical (not comparable)
- of, or relating to tactics
2012 June 2, Phil McNulty, “England 1-0 Belgium”, in BBC Sport:
- As in the 1-0 win against Norway in Oslo, this was an England performance built on the foundations of solid defence and tactical discipline.
- of, or relating to military operations that are smaller or more local than strategic ones
- adroit, skilful or ingenious
- (firearms) having a military appearance, typically with accessories such as a bipod, adjustable stock, detachable magazine or black coloration
Terms derived from tactical
of or relating to tactics
tactical (plural tacticals)
- (computing) a combinator of proof tactics
2013, Adam Chlipala, Certified Programming with Dependent Types:
- The repeat that we use here is called a tactical, or tactic combinator. The behavior of repeat t is to loop through running t, running t on all generated subgoals, running t on their generated subgoals, and so on. When t fails at any point in this search tree, that particular subgoal is left to be handled by later tactics.