Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Thin in substance or consistency.
- The aether was thought to be of tenuous strands.
- Far from being amicable, the numbers seemed to turn their backs on each other, and I couldn't find a pair with even the most tenuous connection.
- His argument was not convincing in the debate, considering how tenuous it was.
- July 18 2012, Scott Tobias, AV Club The Dark Knight Rises
- Picking up eight years after The Dark Knight left off, the film finds Gotham enjoying a tenuous peace based on Harvey Dent’s moral ideals rather than the ugly truth of his demise.
thin in substance or consistency