Jump to navigation Jump to search
tepid (not comparable)
- Lukewarm; neither warm nor cool.
- I'm drinking a cup of tepid water.
- Synonym: lukewarm
- Uninterested; exhibiting little passion or eagerness.
- He gave me a tepid response to the proposal.
- 2016 October 22, Rami G Khouri, “Lebanese oligarchy preserves its interests once again”, in Aljazeera:
- The erratic behaviour of Hariri now is largely explained by the fact that his best days may be behind him, given his long absences from the country for security reasons, his declining Saudi business interests, some local challenges to his tepid leadership in recent municipal elections, and his decline in stature in the eyes of his Saudi backers.
- See also Thesaurus:warm
Category English terms derived from the PIE root *tep- not found
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked