- thruput (nonstandard, U.S.A.)
- (operations) The rate of production; the rate at which something can be processed.
- The factory managed a throughput of 120 units per hour.
- 1927, Harald Nielsen, "Distillation of Carbonaceous Materials" , US Patent 1886262, line 70:
- "if the rate of heating is substantially reduced, not only is the throughput of the apparatus diminished and the cost of the process increased, but the properties of the resultant coke are detrimentally affected."
- (networking) The rate at which data is transferred through a system.
rate of processing
rate of data transmission